Fox Maple Sayen Oboe
Call for Price
Due to the nature of this product it can not be purchased directly from our online shop.Inquire Now!
The latest addition to the Fox line-up, the Maple Sayen (model 880) oboe builds upon the already popular Grenadilla Sayen. With the gold plating and red finish most associated with the bassoons, the Maple Sayens are both attractive and stylish. With a synthetic liner in both the top and bottom joints, the light weight maple makes these oboes ideal for any level of player and for any playing conditions. These oboes are also very flexible, allowing the player many performance options from solo and chamber music to orchestral playing.
Notes from Fox -
'Made of select maple with the same thick wall design as the original Sayen oboe, the maple Sayen model 880 combines the beauty and sustainability of maple without compromising tone or intonation. The maple body makes for an oboe that is 16% lighter than its grenadilla counterpart while adding a complexity of tone that both blends well in woodwind sections and projects well as a solo instrument.'
- Select maple body
- Lined throughout both upper and lower joints
- Nickel silver lined tenon sockets
- Nickel silver caps on upper and lower tenon shoulders
- Gold-plated posts and bands
- Stainless steel arbors and wire springs
- Silver-plated keys
- Teflon-tipped stainless steel adjusting screws
- High-quality cork pads throughout
- Full conservatory key system handmade in the United States
- Third octave key
- B tab
- C height adjusting screw
- A♭-B♭ trill with A height adjustment
- G♯-A trill key
- F♯ key tab
- Left hand F key
- F resonance mechanism
- Assembly key with C-D and B-C♯ trills
- Split D ring mechanism
- Low C-C♯ trill key
- Articulated C♯ mechanism
- Low B♭ with vent key
- Bell key adjusting screw
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Philadelphia high D key
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.