How we are responding to COVID-19
EFFECTIVE FRIDAY MARCH 27th at 5pm - due to the recent restrictions put forth by the Governor of Minnesota, all curbside pickup/drops will be UNAVAILABLE until April 10th, 2020.
In light of the recent health crisis facing our nation, we here at Midwest Musical Imports are deeply committed to the health and safety of our staff, clients, and community. Luckily, no one in our shop has been exposed to the Coronavirus at this time and we are directing all staff to stay home and away from the office if they’re not feeling well. It is imperative that during this time we protect ourselves as well as each other.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
We are keeping close tabs on all state and national reports on the development of COVID-19. We are following all recommended CDC and WHO (World Health Organization) guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing our space including disinfecting all public spaces, door handles, counter tops, and our employees’ work spaces.
Strict hand-washing guidelines have been put in place and our staff know they are to wash and sanitize before handling an instruments/accessories.
We will continue to sell and process hand made oboe, English horn, and bassoon reeds. We have reached out to all of our reed makers and have asked that reeds be disinfected with the use of hydrogen peroxide or high content alcohol. We will also be sterilizing new shipments of reeds as they come in and we will be re-packaging all reeds in new, unused tubes and plastic coffins. Our staff have been instructed to wear gloves during this process.
Repair Shop Protocol:
Updates to our repair shop procedures are as follows –
- Repair work will continue as normal however all instruments will be left to acclimate in our shop for approximately 48-72 hours before any work will begin.
- Repair technicians will wear latex gloves while working on all instruments and masks where applicable.
- Each of our repair technicians will clean/sanitize their work stations between working on each instrument. They will also clean and sanitize tools and work spaces throughout the day as well.
- Instrument cases will be cleaned and sanitized as well, both inside and out, before the instrument is returned to its case.
Instrument & Bocal Trials:
Instrument trials will be extended from 7 days to 10 days to allow appropriate time for instruments to acclimate. We have recommended that you allow all instruments to rest and acclimate in your home for 48 hours before playing them.
- All new and used instruments will be wiped down and cleaned prior to shipping.
- All bocals (bassoon and English horn) will be cleaned and disinfected upon return to the shop and before leaving for the next trial.
Should you or anyone around you become sick during the trial or have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify us immediately so the necessary precautions and actions can be taken.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time!