How we are responding to COVID-19
UPDATE: Effective Monday May 18th, we will be open to walk-in customers! We have created new guidelines for operation. Please review them before making a trip in to the shop. Don’t forget, you can reach us by phone at 800.926.5587 with any questions you may have.
In light of the recent health crisis facing our nation, we here at Midwest Musical Imports are deeply committed to the health and safety of our staff, clients, and community. Luckily, no one in our shop has been exposed to the Coronavirus at this time and we are directing all staff to stay home and away from the office if they’re not feeling well. It is imperative that during this time we protect ourselves as well as each other.
Pursuant with guidance from the State of Minnesota and the Department of Health, we will be operating at 50%. This means that we will continue to have reduced staff in shop.
- No more than 3 walk-in customers will be permitted in the shop at any time. Staff will be responsible for monitoring the number of customers.
- Individual appointments for shopping/browsing can be arranged, please contact the office and set that up with one of our specialists.
- Curbside pickup/drop off for accessories and repairs will remain an option for those not wanting to come into the shop.
- The waiting area will be closed until further notice – no snacks, beverages or waiting will be permitted.
*Face coverings/masks will be required for all customers entering the shop. This also applies to children as well. Our repair staff and specialist will also be wearing face coverings/masks as well. Refusal to wear a mask/covering will result in denied entry. Please do not remove your face covering while you are in shop.
Repair Shop Protocol:
Updates to our repair shop procedures are as follows –
- NO WALK-IN REPAIRS – we are able to do small repairs but they will be required to be dropped off and picked up accordingly. You are welcome to wait outside of the shop for your repair to be complete but you will not be permitted to remain in the shop during the repair.
- Repair work will continue as normal however all instruments will be left to acclimate in our shop for approximately 48 hours before any work will begin.
- Repair technicians will wear latex gloves while working on all instruments and masks where applicable.
- Each of our repair technicians will clean/sanitize their work stations between working on each instrument.
- They will also clean and sanitize tools and work spaces throughout the day as well.
- Instrument cases will be cleaned and sanitized as well, both inside and out, before the instrument is returned to its case.
Instrument, Mouthpiece & Bocal Trials:
In order to ensure the safest possible circumstances for instrument trials, the following will be enacted until further notice.
- All in-store instrument trials will be by appointment only. There will be no walk-in or unscheduled instrument trials. You must schedule an appointment ahead of time.
- You will be required to bring your OWN SWAB in order to clean instruments you are trying.
- A cleaning cloth will be provided for you to wipe down instruments you have completed the while trial.
- MMI staff will NOT be permitted in the same room during instrument trials. All paperwork and questions will be done outside of the trial room/hall.
- NO IN STORE mouthpiece trials. All mouth piece trials will be limited to pickup/drop off only. They will be limited to 5 days. All mouthpieces will sit for 48 hours before being disinfected and then will sit for an additional 48 hours before being made available again.
- All instruments will sit for 48 hours before trials and after trials before being disinfected and made available for the next trial.
- Should you or anyone around you become sick during the trial or have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify us immediately so the necessary precautions and actions can be taken.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time! (612) 331-4717