We are excited to announce our 3rd Annual Clarinet Day at MMI! April 13, 2019 from 10am-5pm.
Jonathan Gunn -clarinet professor from University of Texas - Austin, will be our featured guest artist. Jonathan will performing a small recital and giving a master class event.
Masterclass Participant Request:
- Participants will be selected based on repertoire and age. 4 performers will be selected by the artist; all decisions are final.
- Submissions can be made through the link below or by emailing your name, age, contract information and selected repertoire to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2019 5:00pm.
New! Solo Competitions
Performances open to the public
Junior division - ages 14-17:
§ 1st place = $200 cash price
§ 2nd place = $100 cash prize
§ 3rd place - $50 in-store credit
Senior division - ages 18- 26:
§ 1st place = $500 cash prize and invitation to attend Buffet's Clarinet Academy in July!
§ 2nd place = $200 cash prize
§ 3rd place = $100 cash prize
Submission deadline for solo competition is April 1, 2019 at 5:00pm
Submissions can be made through the link below or by emailing email@example.com with your name, contact information and repertoire.
No accompanist required.
Schedule of Events:
- Clarinet Clinic Sessions to Include:
* Audition Preparation
*Clarinet Repair and more!
-Full selection of clarinets and accessories to play-test
-Mass Clarinet Choir and MORE!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS!
Free small repairs throughout the day and a small lunch will be provided.
Competition Rules and Regulations:
1. Prepare 5 minutes max. of music from the standard solo clarinet repertoire. If you have questions about repertoire please
2. Accompaniment and memorization is NOT needed. (Piano may not be available for competition.)
3. Entrants must supply 1 copy of their music for the judges.
4. Proper performance attire is expected.
5. Limit of 20 entrants per division allowed. Therefore performers are selected on a first come, first served basis. A wait list will
be created in the event of cancellations.