As musicians, we take great pride in helping you find exactly the right beginner or professional instruments—whether you are in the market for oboes, bassoons, clarinets, saxophones, or instrument accessories. Whatever your musical queries, we’re here to help.About Us
MMI Store Mask Policy
Store hours: Monday 9am-5pm and Saturday 10am-2pm
- In accordance to CDC Guidelines and local guidance, face covers in shop will be based on vaccination status. If you are fully vaccinated, a face-covering/mask is not required. If you are not vaccinated, we ask that you please continue to wear a face-covering while in-shop. We are relying on an honor system and hope that you will do what is right both for yourself, other clients, and our staff. Please note that some staff will continue to wear face-coverings with clients in the shop.
Repair Shop Protocol:
Updates to our repair shop procedures are as follows –
- Our repair department is now available to receive instruments in-store. We welcome you to meet with our repair staff to discuss your specific repair needs at drop off. We will do our best to perform an evaluation on-site or within 24 hours of drop-off.
- WALK-IN REPAIRS – we are able to do small repairs while you wait but are limited to no more than 45 minutes.
Instrument & Bocal Trials:
In order to ensure the safest possible circumstances for instrument trials, the following will be enacted until further notice.
- All in-store instrument and accessory trials will be by appointment only. We are not accepting walk-in or unscheduled instrument trials. You must schedule an appointment ahead of time.
- We request that you use your OWN SWAB in order to clean instruments you are trying.
- Now offering in-store, pick up or shipped mouthpiece trials. All mouthpieces go through an extensive sanitizing procedure prior/between trials. Mouthpieces also sit a minimum of 2 days between each trial.
- Should you or anyone around you become sick during the trial or have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify us immediately so the necessary precautions and actions can be taken.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time! (612) 331-4717
Like the rest of the world around us, we are simply left speechless and broken hearted by what has transpired in our beloved city. The racism and injustices that face our Black communities is unprecedented and we have long passed the time for silence and inaction. We stand with each and every one of you for making your voices heard and standing up against the systematic racism and inequality that has been all too present in our society.
We have taken the time to listen and further our own education. There is still much work to be done and we want to do all that is within our power to be an ally and speak up against these atrocities. While we will never fully understand the magnitude of what these communities face daily, our most sincere hope is to help protect and lift up those that have been marginalized throughout history. We wish for justice to be served, we wish for change and meaningful action, but most importantly we wish for peace.
We see you. We hear you. We stand with you.
With love and respect,
Midwest Musical Imports
Clarinet Days 2021: A Virtual Series May 3-7, 2021Go behind the scenes with MMI as we explore clarinet making with some of the worlds leading clarinet manufacturers. Join us to learn more from Buffet, Selmer and Royal Global. Join us in our Live…
Featuring Minnesota Clarinetists! Artist: Pat O'keefeWe are very excited to feature this months Minnesota Clarinetist Pat O'keefe! Pat O’Keefe is co-artistic director and woodwind player for the contemporary music ensemble ZEITGEIST, based in St. Paul, Minnesota. An active proponent of…
Raymond Santos, Kansas City Symphony, Principal Clarinet & Buffet-Crampon Artist
Midwest Musical Imports has been a wonderful resource for me. They've been able to help me sell several of my instruments on consignment, which took the stress out of the instrument selling process. Additionally, it's been a great place for me to visit and try their inventory of clarinets. Tori has a great selection of instruments, and it was very easy to find a set of clarinets that fit my needs. I highly recommend Midwest Musical Imports to students and professionals.
Frances Colón, Former Principal Oboe, Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra
"I have been a customer for over a decade and have always received the most amazing customer service there is. Products are shipped immediately and arrive fast extremely well packed and taken care of. Thank YOU, Midwest Musical Imports for your service to the music community! Bravo!"
Ben Kamins, Rice University
Thanks for the incredible support you and your colleagues serve my students. It really makes an enormous difference for their success in the profession.
Catherine Van Handel, Principal Bassoon, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
I happily endorse Midwest Musical Imports for all of your bassoon-related needs. Not only do they sell the finest products at reasonable prices and offer excellent instrument repairs, their customer service is second to none. The staff is personable, knowledgeable, and engaging. I know that I am in good hands with Midwest Musical Imports.
Ian Tyson, Freelance Clarinetist, New York, NY
I recently purchased a Buffet R13 from Midwest Musical Imports. The entire process was incredible. Clarinet specialist, Tori Okwabi, was so professional and thorough throughout every step of the process. She truly made me feel like a valued customer. Tori went above and beyond in customer service. Her knowlegde of the clarinet is top notch. I cannot say enough good things about Tori. She is definitley a key factor in me wanting to become a returning customer, as well as encouraging others to use MMI for all of their woodwind needs. I was very impressed with the new store space, large inventory, and professional staff. One other staff member I must mention is Jessica Nelson. She was also incredible to work with--such attention to detail and passion for what she does. Thank you, Midwest Musical Imports for the fantastic experience! I look forward to the next one.
Nathan Hughes, Metropolitan Opera | Oboe Faculty, The Juilliard School
Thank you MMI for all the knowledge, care and wonderful service you have provided for so many of us over the years! You are an invaluable resource for musicians everywhere!
Joshua Baker, Principal Bassoon, The Florida Orchestra
Midwest Musical Imports is a music store specializing in all of your double reed needs. Midwest has been my primary double reed shop for years now. I've bought and sold instruments through them because I know they put trust and responsibility into their work. They also have a wide selection of bocals, reed making tools, and sheet music making it a one-stop shop for even the most finicky musician. Whatever the transaction may be, Midwest has always been friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Thank you Midwest Musical Imports for your service!
William Short, Principal Bassoon, Metropolitan Opera
MMI's combination of high-quality merchandise, reasonable prices, and knowledgeable staff have made them my go-to double reed supplier for years. Whether I'm stocking up on cane for the next opera season, helping my students look for bocals, or just splurging on the latest gadget, they're the best!