Clarinet Excerpts in Context: Duets for Ensemble Mastery by Daniel S. Friberg
The duets in this book encourage students to practice 12 of the most standard orchestral excerpts in a musical and collaborative setting. The first clarinet part is the solo line just as it appears in the literature, while the second part is a reduction of the orchestral accompaniment that highlights salient rhythms and harmonies. Over time, the duets will serve to:
-Instill the orchestra part in the player's mind
-Inform interpretive decisions
-Regulate internal pulse
-Lend confidence under pressure
Includes commentary and notes on performance for each excerpt.
Table of Contents:
1. Beethoven Symphony No. 4 - Movement II (Adagio)
2. Beethoven Symphony No. 6 - Movements I and II
3. Beethoven Symphony No. 8 - Movement III
4. Brahms Symphony No. 3 - Movements I and II
5. Mendelssohn Scherzo from A Midsummer Night's Dream
6. Rimsky-Korsakov Capriccio Espagnol - Movements I and III
7. Brahms Sonata No. 2 in E-flat Major - Movement I
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.