Friends of MMI
Midwest Musical Imports is proud to have close ties with many musical charities, youth programs, and other non-profit organizations. We hope that you will also support these organizations as we do.
Bassoon Chamber Music Composition Competition
– To increase repertoire for the bassoon. To help in the creation of new, cutting edge music. To help in the distribution of these pieces to musicians and the public by creating opportunities for access such as live performance, the publishing of the works, and a CD.
Fundacion Frances Colon
– Frances Colón is the first person from Puerto Rico to become the Principal Oboe player for the Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra. The passion that she feels for her instrument led her to create the Fundación Frances Colón, Inc to promote the oboe. Frances travels around Puerto Rico helping young children obtain a love of the oboe, regardless of their financial situation.
Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies
– An educational orchestra program for motivated music students from throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Marching Mountains – Donation Site
– Marching Mountains’ goal is to create a network to supply public school band programs in distressed counties in Appalachia with donated new and used musical instruments.
Meg Quigley Vivaldi Competition & Bassoon Symposium
– A three-day event dedicated to bassoon master classes, presentations, performances, and the live semi-final and final rounds of a competition for young women bassoonists from the Americas.
Minnesota Youth Symphonies
– Minnesota Youth Symphonies (MYS) enriches and inspires talented K-12 orchestral musicians by providing professional, comprehensive educational experiences, and thrills audiences with outstanding performances of orchestral repertoire.