New Marigaux Oboes & English horns
July 16th, 2015 by Jeff
We now have a new selection of Marigaux 2001s, 901s, & English horns in stock and available for trials. These instruments are just in from Paris and are truly wonderful! If you’ve ever been interested in trying the Marigaux instruments, now is the time to set up a trial. With our July shipping rebate, your shipping charges can be applied toward the purchase of one of these fantastic horns!
Marigaux 2001 –
- *Extended G key, G# and long F keys re- designed (more ergonomical)
- *Adjustable thumb-rest
- *Adjustment screw which lowers D ring to facilitate D to G slide (top octave)
- *Right hand little finger: C, C#, Eb re-designed; C, C# slide facilitated
- *Pads: low register 3 pads (B,C,D) made of white leather to prevent buzzing
- *Re-shaped bell
Marigaux 901 –
Semi-automatic, grenadilla wood, silverplated keys.
The very heart and essence of Marigaux manufacture, the original sound according to Mr. Jules Marigaux’s standard.
- Wood rigorously selected, dried during at least four years
- A traditional manufacture, true to the excellent reputation of French craftsmanship.
- A much easier and sharper low register(double correspondence on the bell).
- A high register which is even and direct.
- An excellent orchestral oboe played by the greatest ensembles worldwide.
- 3rd octave key, double F key
English Horn (model 930) –
Semi-automatic,grenadilla wood,silverplated keys.
- Wood rigorously selected dried during at least four years
- A traditional manufacture, true to the excellent reputation of French craftsmanship
- A new bore and new design of crook, entirely hand made
- A direct and flexible low register
- A high register rich in harmonics
- Keywork similar to that of an oboe so as to help the player who frequently uses both instruments
- A very comfortable distance between keys
For trial information and availability, contact Jeff or Steven in the oboe department at 800.926.5587.
No comments yet.