For over a quarter century, MMI has been serving musicians around the world with expertise in a careful and thoughtful manner. Our staff of conservatory trained instrument specialists and highly skilled repair technicians are here to provide you with the care and expertise that comes from years of performing and teaching.
- Oboe Cane Processing
- Shaper Tips and Handles
- Radius Gauges
- Cane Splitters & Guillotines
- Gougers and Pre-Gougers
English Horn & Oboe D'Amore
- Instruments & Bocals
- New English Horns
- English Horn Bocals
- Oboe d'Amore Bocals
- Used English Horns & d'Amores
- Used Bocals
- English Horn & Oboe d'Amore Cane
- Bass Oboe Cane
- English Horn Tube Cane
- Gouged English Horn Cane
- Shaped English Horn Cane
- Oboe d'Amore Cane
- Mouthpieces, Barrels, Bells, Ligatures
- Clarinet Mouthpieces
- Barrels & Bells
- Clarinet Ligatures & Caps
- Clarinet Mouthpiece Cushions
- Reed Adjusting
- Flute & Piccolo
- General Accessories
- Sheet Music
New Marigaux 901 oboes are here!
July 2nd, 2013 by Jeff
We are pleased to welcome the Marigaux 901 oboe to our fine selection of instruments! These oboes are some of the most popular instruments on the market with their full, rich sound and warm tone. The 901 is being played by orchestral players all over Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and in the United States as well. 4 out of the 5 finalists for the 2013 Gillet Fox oboe competition, including this year’s winner Lin Qing, play Marigaux oboes. We’re very excited to offer these wonderful instruments to our customers!
The 901 is a semi-automatic, grenadilla wood, silverplated keys.
The very heart and essence of Marigaux manufacture, the original sound according to Mr. Jules Marigaux’s standard.
- Wood rigorously selected, dried during at least four years.
- A traditional manufacture, true to the excellent reputation of French craftsmanship.
- A much easier and sharper low register(double correspondence on the bell).
- A high register which is even and direct.
- An excellent orchestral oboe played by the greatest ensembles worldwide.
- 3rd octave key, double F key
For more information, call MMI’s oboe specialists Jeff or Steven at 800.926.5587. See the oboe in our online store.
A native of Dayton, Ohio, Jeff received his Bachelor's degree from Wright State University, his Master's from the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, a Performance Certificate from Carnegie Mellon University, and his DMA from the University of Minnesota. His primary teachers include Dr. Mark Ostoich, Dwight Parry, Cynthia Koledo-DeAlmeida, and John Snow.
No comments yet.