For over a quarter century, MMI has been serving musicians around the world with expertise in a careful and thoughtful manner. Our staff of conservatory trained instrument specialists and highly skilled repair technicians are here to provide you with the care and expertise that comes from years of performing and teaching.
- Oboe Cane Processing
- Shaper Tips and Handles
- Radius Gauges
- Cane Splitters & Guillotines
- Gougers and Pre-Gougers
English Horn & Oboe D'Amore
- Instruments & Bocals
- New English Horns
- English Horn Bocals
- Oboe d'Amore Bocals
- Used English Horns & d'Amores
- Used Bocals
- English Horn & Oboe d'Amore Cane
- Bass Oboe Cane
- English Horn Tube Cane
- Gouged English Horn Cane
- Shaped English Horn Cane
- Oboe d'Amore Cane
- Mouthpieces, Barrels, Bells, Ligatures
- Clarinet Mouthpieces
- Barrels & Bells
- Clarinet Ligatures & Caps
- Clarinet Mouthpiece Cushions
- Reed Adjusting
- Flute & Piccolo
- General Accessories
- Sheet Music
Marigaux 901 Oboes
May 6th, 2013 by Jeff
New Marigaux 901 oboes will be arriving to our shop in June just in time for the 2013 International Double Reed Society Convention! We are excited to welcome these wonderful instruments to MMI!
The 901 is a semi-automatic, grenadilla wood, silverplated keys.
The very heart and essence of Marigaux manufacture, the original sound according to Mr. Jules Marigaux’s standard.
- Wood rigorously selected, dried during at least four years.
- A traditional manufacture, true to the excellent reputation of French craftsmanship.
- A much easier and sharper low register(double correspondence on the bell).
- A high register which is even and direct.
- An excellent orchestral oboe played by the greatest ensembles worldwide.
- 3rd octave key, double F key
For more information, call MMI’s oboe specialists Jeff or Steven at 612-331-4717. And be sure to check out our online inventory of new and used oboes for inspiration until the Marigaux arrives!
A native of Dayton, Ohio, Jeff received his Bachelor's degree from Wright State University, his Master's from the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, a Performance Certificate from Carnegie Mellon University, and his DMA from the University of Minnesota. His primary teachers include Dr. Mark Ostoich, Dwight Parry, Cynthia Koledo-DeAlmeida, and John Snow.
No comments yet.